Born and raised in Valencia (Spain), Carles came to the UK in 2002, lived in Cheltenham until 2009 working in hospitality, then moved to the west of London where he worked in the transport industry.
In 2012 Carles injured his Achilles tendon. After a string of system failures and a whole year of recovery the tendon hadn’t healed properly and he had to have surgery. The frustration, pain, and the accompanying lack of mobility motivated him to learn how the human body responds to injury and the processes that can aid recovery.
Carles was drawn to Clinical, Sports and Remedial Massage. Studied at the Oxford School of Sports Massage where he got a BTEC Level 5 Diploma in February 2015. To deepen his knowledge about movement, Carles trained as a Pilates teacher with Body Control Pilates, qualifying in February 2018. Nowadays, he is on his first year of the BTEC Level 6 qualification (highest massage qualification in the UK).
In 2017 he moved to Peebles, where he stablished his massage business first then opening a small studio where he practices massage and teaches Pilates. Carles work for Peebles Rugby Club for the 2018/2019 season. Currently he also works as a Sports Massage therapist for Stobo Castle and for the University of Edinburgh as part of the Fasic team in The Pleasance.
- BTEC Level 5 Diploma Sports & Remedial Massage, February 2015
- Level 3 Matwork Pilates Teacher. Body Control Pilates, February 2018
- Pilates for Performance, Body Control Pilates, May 2018
- Pilates for Runners, Body Control Pilates, May 2018
- Pilates for Golfers, Body Control Pilates, February 2019
- Intermediate Matwork Course, Body Control Pilates, August 2019